|Wall of Shame|
|Season 01, Episode 02|
|Air Date||September 24, 2002|
|Writer||W. Bruce Cameron|
|Next||Bridget's First Job|
Wall of Shame is the second episode of the first season of 8 Simple Rules. Itaired for the first time on September 24, 2002.
Paul is eager to watch the big game of Michigan vs. Ohio State (it's Michigan fans Easter holiday according to him). Cate leaves for the day for a nursing seminar because she's interested in possibly getting her Master's degree, leaving Paul in charge of the kids.
Bridget is accused of shoplifting and Paul refuses to believe her when she says she's innocent. He later listens to her story and believes her. Kerry is upset after seeing a circus ad in the paper because it's animal cruelty to her. Because of Bridget and Kerry's interruptions, Paul ends up missing almost the entire game.
- This episode replaces the episode entitled "Son-in-Law" which had been scheduled for this time. (Septempter 24th at 8:00 p.m.).
- At the end of this episodes theme song, Rory takes a photo in direction of the camera before shutting the door.
- Paul reveals that he is an alumni of the University of Michigan when he says his entire fraternity went to every football game during the 1978 season.
- Bridget and Kerry: (both yelling at each other) I'm gonna kill you!!
- Paul: Girls don't kill each other (they still yell at each other; Paul waits a moment) At least I said it.
- Cate: Keep Bridget off the phone and out of the mall.
- Paul: I'm a man, not a miracle worker.
- Cate: Alright, you guys. Look, I'll have my cell phone if there's any problems. Like if there's a fire and your dad won't get up. If a pipe bursts and your dad won't get up. Or locusts....
- Paul: Locusts? I would get up for locusts.
- Cate (to Paul): I just got here. I forgot to pick up my allergy medicine. Do you think you can drop by the pharmacy?
- Paul: Oh, man. You know I hate picking up that stuff.
- Cate: No, no, no. It's really allergy medicine this time.
- (When Bridget is deciding which pair of pants to wear)
- Kerry: Could you take the fashion show outside? Those of us who can are trying to read.
- Paul: It was a very challenging day, Cate and I must say, I rose to the challenge. I think I should be inducted to the Father Hall of Fame.
- Cate: Father Hall of Fame and yet you couldn't put your dish in the sink.